Introduction to the Irksome Editor

In one of the last documents I prepared as Executive Editor (formerly Editor) of Sculpture magazine, I mistyped my job title as Erxecutive Editor and I actually liked thinking of my job that way. Erxecutive, however, sounds like the typo that it is (and would likely just be corrected by all the lurking on-line spell-checkers, so I decided to brand myself simply as the Irksome Editor (former editor, really, but once an editor...). I plan to post occasionally here in that role, when the fancy (or the irk) strikes, taking advantage of my new freedom from institutional support or constraint to say what I really think, on whatever topic is on my mind that day. Since I was editor of a contemporary art magazine, the subject of contemporary art (or art writ large) will likely come up, but this is not an art blog. One of the requrements of an editorial job is to be the fox rather than the hedghog: to know something about a lot of things, rather than being an expert who is concentrated on one thing. For this blog, I hope to range around the things I've learned a little about, without pretending to be an expert on any of them. If there's anyone out there who's interested in following my meandering path: Welcome!
Thanks,
Glenn Harper
The Irksome Editor

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone care aout book reviews?

Swedish noir: The Tunnel, by Carl-Johan Vallgren